The purpose of this Community Noise Measurement Certification Workshop for Law Enforcement Personnel is to provide the persons responsible for monitoring compliance with legislation pertaining to noise in the community with:
- background information on the function of the human ear, so that a better understanding of the legal processes relating to noise is developed.
- background information on the physics of sound, so that the activities relating to sound measurement is better understood
- familiarization with content of various noise regulations
- familiarization with and practical experience in the use of sound level measurement instrumentation and calibrators
- detailed information on how to take sound level measurements
- detailed information on how to record and report sound level measurements
It is expected that participating police personnel/bylaw officers who successfully complete this course will possess the knowledge, information and practical hands-on experience necessary to respond to noise complaints with confidence.